|Chocolate cake||26 1⁄2 Ounce, frozen frosted (2 Packages, 13 1/4 Ounce Each)|
|Raspberry preserves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), well chilled|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cut each frozen cake into half to make 2 layers and to get 4 layers in all.
2. On a serving plate, place one layer, frosting side up and top with un-frosted layer.
3. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons kirsch and spread with half of raspberry preserves.
4. Top with another layer, frosting side up and then add unfrosted layer.
5. Again, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons kirsch and spread with rest of preserves.
6. With rotary beater, beat cream with sugar until stiff.
7. Use to frost sides of cake all around making a 1/2 inch border around top of cake.
8. Serve at once or refrigerate until serving.
9. Cut cake in half length-wise and then cut each half into 1-inch slices.
10. Serve the cake along with beverages or as a dessert.