Gateau Au Chocolat
|Plain flour||3 Ounce|
|Plain chocolate||8 Ounce|
|Caster sugar||8 Ounce|
|Eggs||7 , separated|
|Almonds||4 Ounce, ground|
|Sal volatile||1 Teaspoon|
1) Set oven at 350°F or Mark 4.
2) Chop the chocolate and keep it on a plate.
3) Line a tin with buttered greaseproof paper.
4) In a bowl, sift together the flour with salt.
5) Place the plate of chocolate over a pan of warm and allow to melt.
6) In a bowl, add butter and cream well.
7) Add sugar and whisk till soft and fluffy.
8) One at a time, beat in the egg yolks, as well as the melted chocolate and almonds.
9) Beat the egg whites till stiff and fold into the mix with the sal volatile and sifted flour.
10) Turn the mix into the baking tin and place in oven for about 50-60 minutes.
11) After the first 30 minutes, reduce the heat to 325°F or Mark 3.
12) Cool the cake.
13) Serve as desired.