|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Semi-sweet chocolate pieces||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In mixing bowl thoroughly cream shortening, brown sugar and vanilla and beat well adding egg.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°.
3. In a bowl place the sifted flour, baking soda and salt sifted together and add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
4. Stir in semisweet chocolate pieces and chopped walnuts and spread evenly in greased 11x7x13-inch baking pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, cool slightly and cut in diamond shapes or bars while warm.
6. Serve as snacks or with beverages.