Chocolate Pecan Tart
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Semisweet mini chocolate chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. For crust
3. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar and cinnamon and cut in butter and shortening using a pastry blender or 2 knives, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Mix in egg yolk and vanilla just until blended.
5. Into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch-diameter tart pan with a removable bottom firmly press pastry and chill 30 minutes.
6. With a fork prick bottom of tart shell, bake for 5 minutes and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
7. For filling, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
8. Over cooled crust sprinkle chocolate chips and arrange pecan halves.
9. In a medium bowl, combine sugars and salt and stir in melted butter and corn syrup.
10. Whisk in eggs and vanilla until well blended.
11. Over pecans in crust slowly pour mixture and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is almost set.
12. On a wire rack place tart to cool.
13. Remove sides of pan and serve.