|Egg whites||4 (Room Temperature)|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||5 Tablespoon, melted, cooled|
|Heavy cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Ice cream||1 Pint (As Required)|
|Sorbet||250 Milliliter (As Required)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450° F. Grease two large, non-stick baking sheets with butter.
2) In a bowl, add egg whites and gently whisk the egg whites to break them.
3) Mix in flour, sugar and whisk to a creamy texture. Add in butter, cocoa and cream. Combine all. Cover the bowl and set aside for 30 minutes.
4) Place tablespoonfuls of the batter onto the baking sheets at a distance of 5-inches from each other. Rebutter the baking sheets between each batch of wafers.
5) Bake for about 3 minutes or until they start turning brown on the sides. Do not let them burn.
6) Get the wafers out of the oven and immediately place over an upturned drinking glass of about 2-3 inches base. Immediately, with aramekin press down the wafers light to form a tulip shape. With the ramekin over the glass and the wafer in between, let cool till firm.
7) In case the wafers turn cold while moulding, put them back in the oven for not more than a minute. Set the moulded wafers aside.
8) Serve the Chocolate Tulips on individual serving plates.
9) At the last minute, drop a scoopful of ice cream and sorbet into the tulips.
The Chocolate Tulips last in the freezer for about a month and overnight in a closed container otherwise.