Chocolate Fruit Sticks
|Semi-sweet chocolate morsels||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed candied fruits||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven at 350° F.
2. Grease a 15 by 10 by 1 inch pan.
3. Melt chocolate morsels over hot (not boiling) water.
4. Cream together shortening and sugar.
5. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
6. Stir in cooled chocolate and molasses.
7. Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
8. Add to creamed mixture and blend well.
9. Stir in remaining ingredients.
10. Spread in the greased pan.
11. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
12. When cooled cut into 1 inch sticks and serve.