Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||4 Large|
|Bittersweet chocolate||11 Ounce, broken|
1. In a heavy saucepan, pour in the milk, sugar, cream and cook over medium heat.
2.Scald the milk and let cook for 10 minutes so that sugar dissolves completely.
3. In a bowl, whisk egg yolks. Add in 1 cup of hot milk and blend well.
4.Take a saucepan and pour the egg mixture into it slowly. Continue to whisk and blend.
5. Place over medium heat and let mixture cook for 6 to 8 minutes until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
6.In a heavy , large saucepan, take 8 ounces of the chocolate chunks and melt over low heat stirring all the while.
9.Strain ice cream mixture into melted chocolate and blend well to get smooth consistency.
10.Let mixtue cool to room temperature before transferring into ice cream maker.
11. Let mix freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
12. Just before complete freezing, add in the remaining of chocolate chunks and complete the freezing procedure.
13. Serve as dessert.
Calories 782 Calories from Fat 558
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.3%
Saturated Fat 38.5 g192.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 291.6 mg97.2%
Sodium 71.2 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 47.1 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 38.9% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 15% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet