Chocolate Nut Slices
|Shortening/Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate melted||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Combine and blend well the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3) Beat in the vanilla, egg, and chocolate.
4) Stir in the vinegar.
5) Combine and sift the flour, soda and salt.
6) Add the mix into the into creamed mix.
7) Add in the nuts and mix well till a smooth dough.
8) Divide into 2 and form into rolls of 2 inches in diameter.
9) Wrap in waxed paper.
10) Refrigerate for several hours.
11) Cut into 1/4-inch slices.
12) Arrange on a greased baking sheet.
13) Place in the oven at 375° F and bake for about 10 minutes.
14) Serve with a hot cup of tea or coffee!