Green Tea Dark Chocolate Truffles
|Heavy cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Matcha green tea||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dark chocolate||7 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Matcha green tea||2 Tablespoon (For coasting the chocolates)|
1. Combine cream, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea in nonstick sauce pan and whisk to blend. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
2. Immediately add 5 ounces fine chopped chocolate to hot cream mixture and gently stir to blend. Spread chocolate/cream ganache mixture in shallow dish and refrigerate until firm to touch.
3. Shape chilled chocolate ganache mixture into balls and arrange on plate or baking sheet lined with wax paper. If chocolate ganache gets too soft to roll into balls, refrigerate briefly.
4. Freeze truffles until firm.
5. Melt 2 ounces chopped chocolate in top of double boiler. Dip frozen truffles in chocolate to lightly coat. Cool.
6. Roll cooled truffles in matcha green tea powder to lightly coat. Store truffles in refrigerator until ready to serve.
7. Serve these home made green tea truffles as dessert for friends and family.