Microwave Chocolate Chip Bars
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), unsifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate pieces||6 Ounce (Divided, 1 Cup)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Grease a 4 cup microwaveable baking dish.
2. Place the butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl.
3. Use a wire whisk or an electric beater to whisk until light and creamy.
4. Add eggs, milk, vanilla and salt and beat until well blended.
5. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into the creamed mixture.
6. Stir lightly until smooth. Do not over beat
7. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate pieces and the nuts.
8. Turn into baking dish and spread evenly
9. Scatter remaining chocolate pieces on top
10. Cook cake in the microwave for 5 to 6 minutes, until skewer comes out clean
11. Let stand until cooled.
12. Cut into bars or squares.
13. Wrap individually or arrange on a platter.