White Chocolate Almond Blondies
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Instant coffee granules||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Large, lightly beaten|
|Whole natural almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped and toasted|
|White chocolate morsels||6 Ounce (1 Package Or 1 Cup)|
1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
2. Grease a 13-inch X 9-inch baking tin with butter or baking spray.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F
4. In a large saucepan add the butter and coffee and heat on a low flame until the butter has melted and coffee granules have dissolved into the butter.
5. Add the sugar and the beaten eggs to the butter-coffee mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until well blended.
6. Add the flour mixture in batches, stirring until well blended.
7. Fold in the chocolate and nuts into the mixture
8. Turn the mixture into the greased pan and spread evenly, pressing lightly.
9. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until crust is golden and crisp.
10. Remove from oven and cool slightly in the tin then carefully loosen the sides with a spatula and invert on a wire rack to cool and harden.
11. Cut into squares or bars while still warm using a sharp pastry knife.
12. Serve these at a tea party or pack them and include in your Christmas or Holiday gift hampers.
Store cookies in an air tight container or box with sheets of wax paper between each layer, in a cool dry place.
Calories 351 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.2%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.1 mg20.7%
Sodium 153.9 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 26.8 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 10.3% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet