Chocolate Chip Coffee Ring
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioner' s sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Grease a 4 1/2-cup ring mold.
3) Take a large mixing bowl and combine in it 1 1/4 cups flour and yeast.
4) Take a saucepan and combine in it milk, sugar, butter and salt. Heat mixture until butter melts completely, stirring constantly.
5) Add to the flour mixture along with egg.
6) Beat with an electric mixer at low speed for about 30 seconds, constantly scraping the sides of bowl.
7) Beat for another 3 minutes at high speed.
8) Add remaining flour with spoon.
9) Add the chocolate pieces and mix well.
10) Place in the greased ring mold and cover.
11) Let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until double in bulk.
12) Bake for about 15 minutes.
13) Transfer to a wire rack and cool for some time.
14) Drizzle with Confectioners' icing sugar while still warm.