|Plain flour||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dark cooking chocolate||2 Ounce|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce, sifted (3/4 Cup)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Bicarbonate of soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chocolate cream filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1 Tablespoon (To Decorate)|
1. Take a 15 x 10 x 1 -inch Swiss roll tin and grease it with greased greaseproof paper.
2. Preheat the oven at 400°F.
3. In a bowl, mix together baking powder, flour and salt.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
5. In a bowl, boil some water and melt the chocolate over that boiled water.
6. Take a large bowl and break eggs. Add sugar and beat forcefully to get a thick and light mixture.
7. Add flour mixture and vanilla at once.
8. Stir in bicarbonate of soda and cold water to chocolate. Keep stir until you get a smooth and light mixture.
9. Take prepared tin and pour the mixture in it. Place the tin in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until cake top springs back when centre is gently touched.
10. Once the cake is done, take a clean tea towel and sprinkle it with icing sugar. Now, lose the edges of the cake and turn it into the towel.
11. Peel the paper and trim the uneven edges of cake.
12. Roll immediately in towel, first folding hem of towel over edge of cake and rolling towel in the cake to prevent sticking. Leave it to cool on wire cooling rack for an hour.
13. After one hour, you can vigilantly unroll the cake. Spread some Chocolate Cream Filling on the top of the cake.
14. Again roll the cake and chill it in the freezer till you are ready to serve.
15. Make chocolate filling by whipping the cream to make it thick.
16. Melt the chocolate chip over hot water. Let it cool for some time.
17. Fold cooled chocolate into cream then carefully fold in brandy. Chill.
18. Slice the cake and serve it in any of your preferred serving dish.