Oatmeal Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
|Uncooked regular oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Semisweet chocolate morsels||12 Ounce (1 Package,2 Cups)|
|Milk chocolate bars||4 1⁄2 Ounce, grated (3 Bars, 1.5-Ounce)|
|Chopped pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Collect and measure the required ingredients.
2. In a food processor, grind the oats into fine powder and keep aside.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 375°F before baking
5. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter or margarine and beat with an electric mixer until soft.
6. Gradually add the sugars, beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
7. Blend in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla, beating well after each addition until well incorporated into the creamed mixture.
8. Add the flour mixture in batches and beat at a low speed until well blending to form a thick batter.
9. Fold in the ground oats, chocolate morsels, grated chocolate and nuts.
10. Use a tablespoon to drop the batter in heaps, onto the cookie sheets, leaving 2 inch space between each.
11. Bake them in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden and dry.
12. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets then carefully loosen with a spatula and slide them to on a wire rack to cool and harden.
13. When cool and crisp, dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate and arrange on a baking sheet lined with wax paper, until the chocolate sets.
14. Serve cookies with tea, coffee, hot chocolate or warm milk or at a children’s party
15. Pack them and include in your Christmas or Holiday gift hampers.
Store baked cookies in a wax paper lined air tight container or jar, in a cool dry place.
Calories 243 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26 mg8.7%
Sodium 79.8 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 19.1 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet