Chocolate and Caramel Flapjacks
|Soft brown sugar||8 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Butter||8 Ounce (200 Gram, Plus Extra For Greasing)|
|Golden syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole oats||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Canned caramel||397 Gram (1 Can, We Used Carnation Caramel)|
|Plain chocolate||8 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon, unflavored (Like Sunflower)|
1. Preheat oven to 130°C/150°C gas/fan.
2. Take a saucepan, add sugar, golden syrup and butter to it. Stirring intermittently, heat the mixture slowly till butter melts.
3. Remove from fire, mix in oats well.
4. Take a 22 cm square tin, mildly greased and lined, pour in the mixture into and using the back portion of a wooden spoon, even the mixture.
5. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
6. Allow to cool 10 min in tin. It is ideal to cool overnight.
7. Apply caramel evenly over the cake top and allow to chill till firm.
8. Take a heatproof bowl, place in a pan having water that is just simmering, add chocolate and melt it.
9. Add oil and stir well.
10. Pour on chilled flapjack base, and allow to set.
11. Cut into square pieces and serve.