Chocolate Pound Cake with Chocolate Chip Glaze
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate chip glaze||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Readymade)|
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan or a 8-inch Bundt pan.
3. Sift together flour, cocoa and salt.
4. In a bowl add butter and vegetable shortening. Beat for 1 to 2 minutes using an electric mixer at medium speed.
5. Further add sugar to the bowl and beat for another 2 minutes.
6. Add in the eggs and beat well till the eggs mix with the batter completely.
7. Add flour mixture and milk, alternatively in 2 batches. Genlty mix using a spatula after every addition.
8. Add the vanilla to the batter and mix well.
9. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and place in the oven.
10. Bake the cake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
11. Insert a wooden toothpick or a fork in the centre of the pan to check for doneness.
12. Remove the cake from the pan after cooling it for 10 to 15 minutes.
13. Spread chocolate glace on top of the cake and cool.
14. Cut the cake into slices and serve.