Chocolate Crunch Squares
|Social tea biscuits||11 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||11 Tablespoon, melted (1 Stick Or 1/2 Cup Plus 3 Tablespoons)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||5 Ounce (1 Ounce Per Square)|
1. With rolling pin, crush tea biscuits to make 4 cups coarse crumbs.
2. In medium bowl, combine corn syrup and cocoa; mix well. Stir in melted butter; mix well. Add crumbs; mix well until thoroughly combined.
3. Line a metal ice-cube tray or a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan with waxed paper. Pack crumb mixture into tray, pressing in firmly. Refrigerate until firm.
4. In top of double boiler, over hot, not boiling, water, melt chocolate with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Spread over crumb mixture, making a smooth layer. Refrigerate until firm enough to cut.
5. Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3550 Calories from Fat 1951
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 221 g340.7%
Saturated Fat 113.8 g568.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 370.9 mg123.6%
Sodium 1318.2 mg54.9%
Total Carbohydrates 372 g124.1%
Dietary Fiber 20.3 g81.1%
Sugars 162.4 g
Protein 35 g70.7%
Vitamin A 86.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.1% Iron 90.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet