Chocolate Crunch Squares
|Social tea biscuits||11 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||11 Tablespoon, melted (1 Stick Or 1/2 Cup Plus 3 Tablespoons)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||5 Ounce (1 Ounce Per Square)|
1. With rolling pin, crush tea biscuits to make 4 cups coarse crumbs.
2. In medium bowl, combine corn syrup and cocoa; mix well. Stir in melted butter; mix well. Add crumbs; mix well until thoroughly combined.
3. Line a metal ice-cube tray or a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan with waxed paper. Pack crumb mixture into tray, pressing in firmly. Refrigerate until firm.
4. In top of double boiler, over hot, not boiling, water, melt chocolate with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Spread over crumb mixture, making a smooth layer. Refrigerate until firm enough to cut.
5. Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.