Double Chocolate cookies
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chocolate||3 Ounce, sweet chocolate (sweet)|
1) Preheat oven moderately to 375°F (190°C).
2) Grease cookie sheets lightly with butter.
3) In a large saucepan melt butter and chocolate on low heat.
4) Take care not to overheat and burn the ingredients.
5) Turn off the heat and mix sugar.
6) Stir in egg and vanilla extract and blend till mixture is smooth.
7) In a bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
8) Stir in half the mixture to the chocolate and mix briskly.
9) Gradually add milk and blend well.
10) Mix remaining flour mixture and stir till the batter is blended smoothly.
11) On the cookies sheets drop one tablespoons of the batter at a time.
12) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes till firm.
13) Place in wire racks and cool.
14) To glaze the cookies, in a double boiler melt chocolate and butter over hot water.
15) Stir in milk.
16) Carefully pour the glaze at the centre of each cookie.
17) Keep aside until the glaze hardens.
18) Serve as a snack with any hot beverage.