Chocolate Pecan Fingers
|Plain chocolate||3 Ounce|
|Milk||8 Fluid Ounce|
|Plain flour||6 Ounce|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Bicarbonate of soda||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop|
|Soft light brown sugar||2 Ounce|
|Chocolate dots||1 Ounce|
|Shelled pecans||2 Ounce, roughly chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (mark 4).
2) Grease a 11 1/8 x 7 1/8 x 1 1/4 inch cake tin.
3) In a small pan, thoroughly blend the broken chocolate, milk and butter, then keep aside to cool for 5 minutes.
4) In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda , then stir in the sugar.
5) Stir in the chocolate mixture, egg and vanilla essence, then beat well to smoothen and turn into the prepared tin.
6) Bake in the preheated oven at 350°F (mark 4) for about 30 minutes until just firm. Remove on a wire rack to cool.
7) In a saucepan, heat the milk, butter and sugar until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Then stir in the chocolate until it melts.
8) Turn off the heat, beat in the egg yolks and the pecan nuts, then return to the heat and allow the mixture to thicken. Rapidly cool and layer the cake.
9) Slice serve in a nice plate.