Chocolate Blanc Mange
|Corn starch||4 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate/1/3 cup cocoa||3 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Chop the chocolate into small pieces and keep it aside in a cool place.
2) In a bowl, mix cornstarch, sugar and salt with some cold milk.
3) In a deep pan, pour in the remaining milk to scald along with the chocolate.
4) Keep stirring. Once the chocolate is dissolved, pour in the cornstarch mixture.
5) Stir constantly till the chocolate mixture is cooked. It should be thick and smooth.
6) Place the pan over hot water and cook for a further 20 minutes.
7) Put in the flavoring and stir. Wet the mold with cold water and pour in the mixture.
8) Chill the Chocolate Blanc Mange and serve cold with sweetened whipped cream.
If you are using cocoa powder instead of chocolate, mix it along with the cornstarch mixture.
Calories 909 Calories from Fat 325
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.9%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g112.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.3 mg15.8%
Sodium 444.5 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 140 g46.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 100.5 g
Protein 21 g41.6%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 57.9% Iron 42.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet