Lady Goldenglow (Second Mystery Cake)
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄2 (Rind Of 1/2 Orange)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||1 1⁄2 Ounce, melted|
1) In a bowl, add shortening to cream.
2) Add sugar and orange rind.
3) Beat egg yolks and combine with the mixture.
4) Sift in flour, baking powder and salt and alternately add with milk.
5) Finally spread in one beaten egg white.
6) Make two parts out of the batter.
7) Add chocolate to one part.
8) Use 3 greased layer cake pans, to pour the batter by tablespoons by alternating dark and white.
9) Place the cake pans inside oven.
10) Bake the cakes in Moderate oven for 20 minutes.
11) Serve the cake by covering with your choice of icing.