|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Cold milk||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened chocolate||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
1. Lightly grease a baking sheet and line it with baking or greaseproof paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 425°F
3. On a lightly flour work surface, roll the Puff Paste into a long strip of about 16 inches of 1/4 inch thickness.
4. Cut into half lengthwise and cut each strip into half.
5. Place the 4 strips on the baking sheet.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and slide onto wire racks to cool.
8. In large basin, combine sugar, flour and salt.
9. Place basin on top of a saucepan of simmering water.
10. Gradually add milk stirring until smooth.
11. Stir constantly, until thickened.
12. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
13. To the slightly beaten eggs, add a little of the hot mixture and stir until blended.
14. Gradually pour the egg mixture into the sauce, stirring vigorously until blended for 2 more minutes.
15. Take basin off the saucepan and stir in vanilla
16. Chill cream in the refrigerator.
17. In a medium dry bowl, beat butter until smooth and then blend in the chilled cream filling.
18. Spread filling over 2 puff strips
19. Sandwich with the other 2 strips.
20. Beat confectioners' sugar and milk to a smooth topping.
21. Spread over top of pastry layers.
22. Swirl chocolate on top of frosting.
23. Serve the pastry chilled as a dessert