Gooey Chocolate Cherry Cookies
|Unsalted butter||8 Ounce (200 Gram, At Room Temperature)|
|Muscovado sugar||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||3 Pound (85 Gram)|
|Self rising flour||8 1⁄2 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Plain chocolate||2 Ounce, roughly chopped (50 Gram, 70% Cocoa)|
|White chocolate||2 Ounce, roughly chopped (50 Gram)|
|Glace cherries||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas mark 5.
2) Line a baking tray with non-stick baking sheets.
3) Whisk the butter, sugars and egg to a smooth blend. Then, stir in the flour, chocolates and cherry pieces and 1/2 tsp salt.
4) Drop dollops of the chocolate batter on to the baking tray. You will get 18 to 20 out of this mix. Take care to space them well because the cookies are bound to swell substantially as they bake.
5) Note: You can freeze the dough for later use, if you like.
6) Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes until they turn golden, and yet quite pale and soft in the middle. If you are baking the frozen dough, bake for a few minutes more.
7) Remove from oven and cool on the sheets for 5 minutes. Afterwards, lift them onto cooling racks and allow it to cool completely.
8) Serve as required.