Double Chocolate Fudge Coco Cola Cake
|For the wet ingredients|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Coca-cola||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet baking chocolate||1 Ounce, pieces|
|Miniature marshmallows||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the dry ingredients|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|For the frosting|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coca cola||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chocolate syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
3. In a saucepan on medium heat, add butter, semi sweet chocolate and coca cola. Mix well and bring it to a boil.
4. Once it starts boiling, remove the pan from heat and stir in the marshmallows. Stirring continuously, melt the marshmallows.
5. Once the marshmallows are dissolved, set the saucepan aside to cool to room temperature.
6. In a mixing bowl, add and combine together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well and set it aside.
7. In an electric mixer, add sugar, vegetable shortening and vegetable oil. Blend until nice and fluffy.
8. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well combined.
9. Stir in the buttermilk and beat until nice and smooth.
10. Slowly stir in the flour mixture, beat well. Then stir in the cooled coca cola mixture and combine again.
11. Add in the remaining flour mixture and beat the mixture for 4 minutes or until thick.
12. Take the greased baking pan and pour the above batter evenly into the pan. Bake it in the preheated oven for 40 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Once done, remove the tray and set aside to cool completely before serving.
13. For the frosting: In another bowl, cream the butter with the help of an electric mixer. Once done, add cocoa powder, coca cola, chocolate syrup, vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Beat until well combined and smooth.
14. While the cake is still warm, apply the frosting evenly.
15. Serve the double chocolate fudge coca cola cake in desired pieces.
Calories 771 Calories from Fat 336
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.7%
Trans Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 75.6 mg25.2%
Sodium 277.3 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.4%
Sugars 74.8 g
Protein 10 g19.2%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 28.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet