Why make an edible chocolate bowl? Because they are so easy and really adds a fun, elegant touch to simple desserts. Not to mention it's a freakin bowl...and you can eat it...what person in their right mind WOULDN'T want to eat a chocolate bowl????
Semi sweet chocolate chips
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (flavor of choice)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Blow up balloons to the size of an orange. Set aside.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and crisco.
4. Microwave it for around 40 seconds or till the chocolate melts completely to a smooth consistency. Stir in between to avoid burning of chocolate.
5. Let the melted chocolate cool to lukewarm.
6. Take each balloon and dip it in the melted chocolate to coat the bottoms well. Use the dip and swirl motion to make edges.
7. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and freeze till it hardens.
8. Once the chocolate hardens, remove from the freezer and poke a hole on top of the balloon.
9. Let it loose air slowly. Once all the air is gone, slowly remove from the chocolate bowl without breaking it.
10. In a serving plate, serve the chocolate bowl, filled with ice cream and frozen fruits if desired.
If the bowl develops holes or cracks while removing the balloon, use melted chocolate to med it and keep in the freezer to harden.
Perfect frozen dessert for your kid's party. This video shows a very innovative way to make chocolate balls. Prepare them to perfection and top it up with the filling of your choice. This is be quiet a favorite among kids and give a wonderful look to the dessert section.