|Unsweetened chocolate square||3|
|Sweet cooking chocolate||2 Ounce (1/2 Package)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), stiffly beaten|
1. Melt unsweetened and sweet chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Remove top of double boiler from water; cool.
2. Beat egg yolks with 1/2 cup of the sugar in a medium-size bowl until light and thick; beat in cooled chocolate mixture. Stir in vanilla.
3. Beat egg whites until foamy-white and double in volume in large bowl of electric mixer. Beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until meringue stands in firm peaks.
4. Beat about 1/4 cup of the meringue into the chocolate mixture. Fold in the beaten cream and remaining meringue until no streaks of white remain. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of mixture and refrigerate until serving time. Spoon remaining mousse into an 8-cup serving dish. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
5. Before serving, carefully pipe the reserved mousse mixture through a pastry bag with large notched tip, making swirls for a decorative top.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2636 Calories from Fat 1786
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 206 g317.4%
Saturated Fat 122.7 g613.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1336.5 mg445.5%
Sodium 377.3 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 205 g68.4%
Dietary Fiber 23.9 g95.4%
Sugars 153.1 g
Protein 49 g98.5%
Vitamin A 109.8% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 44.7% Iron 151.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet