|Unsweetened chocolate square||3|
|Sweet cooking chocolate||2 Ounce (1/2 Package)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), stiffly beaten|
1. Melt unsweetened and sweet chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Remove top of double boiler from water; cool.
2. Beat egg yolks with 1/2 cup of the sugar in a medium-size bowl until light and thick; beat in cooled chocolate mixture. Stir in vanilla.
3. Beat egg whites until foamy-white and double in volume in large bowl of electric mixer. Beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until meringue stands in firm peaks.
4. Beat about 1/4 cup of the meringue into the chocolate mixture. Fold in the beaten cream and remaining meringue until no streaks of white remain. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of mixture and refrigerate until serving time. Spoon remaining mousse into an 8-cup serving dish. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
5. Before serving, carefully pipe the reserved mousse mixture through a pastry bag with large notched tip, making swirls for a decorative top.