|Instant cocoa mix||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Combine cocoa mix, salt and milk in a medium-size saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over top to soften.
2. Heat slowly, stirring constantly, until the gelatin dissolves; remove from heat.
3. Beat egg yolks slightly in a small bowl; slowly stir in about 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture, then stir back into remaining mixture in saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes, or until mixture thickens slightly. Pour into a medium-size bowl; stir in the almond extract.
4. Place bowl in a pan of ice and water to speed setting. Chill, stirring several times, just until as thick as unbeaten egg white.
5. While gelatin mixture chills, beat egg whites until foamy-white and double in volume in a medium-size bowl; beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until meringue stands in firm peaks. Fold into thickened gelatin mixture until no streaks of white remain. Spoon into a 4-cup mold. Chill several hours, or until firm.
6. When ready to serve, loosen dessert around edge with a knife; dip mold very quickly in and out of hot water. Cover with a serving plate; turn upside down; gently lift off mold.
7. Beat cream until stiff in a small bowl; spoon on top of dessert; sprinkle coconut over the cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1538 Calories from Fat 772
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g136.3%
Saturated Fat 50.8 g253.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 832.7 mg277.6%
Sodium 1167.5 mg48.6%
Total Carbohydrates 143 g47.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 129.6 g
Protein 53 g106.6%
Vitamin A 56.8% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 73.6% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet