Chocolate Crackle Tops
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||3 , finely grated|
|Pecans||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely ground|
|Dried bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Packaged)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Make several days before:
1. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat eggs with granulated sugar until well blended. With large wooden spoon, stir in chocolate, pecans, bread crumbs, flour, cinnamon, and cloves, mixing well. Refrigerate about 15 minutes.
2. Start heating oven to 325Â°F.
3. With a teaspoon and fingers, shape enough of the dough into 1-inch balls to arrange, 1 inch apart, on greased cookie sheets. Roll each ball on all sides in confectioners' sugar, then place on cookie sheets. (Refrigerate rest of dough.)
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutesâ€”they'll be soft and crackled on top.
5. Remove to wire racks to cool. Repeat with rest of dough. Store in tightly-covered container. Makes about 4 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3382 Calories from Fat 2049
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 244 g375.5%
Saturated Fat 47.7 g238.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 259.3 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 314 g104.5%
Dietary Fiber 43 g171.8%
Sugars 227.2 g
Protein 53 g105.3%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 39.3% Iron 144.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet