Nutty Chocolate Chews
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||9 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Chopped walnuts/Chopped pistachios||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
2. In medium bowl, mix eggs well with sugar, and vanilla.
3. Melt butter with chocolate. Cool a bit; mix with egg mixture. Add flour; mix well. Turn into greased 11-by-7-by-1 1/2-inch baking pan; top with nuts.
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until done.
5. Cool in pan; cut into 24 squares.
Tea brownies: Use 2 8-by-8-by-2-inch pans. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in pans; cut with small fancy cookie cutters. Or put layers together with Orange Cookie Frosting, then cut.
Fudge cuts: Bake as for Tea Brownies, above; cut into 32 2-inch squares.