|Semisweet-chocolate pieces||6 Ounce (1 Package, 1 Cup)|
|Butterscotch pieces||6 Ounce (1 Package, 1 Cup)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Double-acting baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
Make any time up to 2 weeks ahead:
1. In small saucepan, over hot, not boiling, water, melt chocolate and butterscotch pieces together, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
2. Onto wax paper sift flour with baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger powder.
3. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat sugar with butter and vanilla until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Beat in flour, then chocolate-butterscotch mixture until thoroughly blended; stir in nuts. Refrigerate dough until cold.
5. Divide chilled dough into thirds, then shape each third into a roll 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in wax paper or foil; refrigerate overnight.
1. Start heating oven to 375Â°F.
2. Unwrap, then cut each roll into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until done.
4. Let cool 3 or 4 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks. Store in loosely-covered container. Makes about 5 dozen.
To freeze: Make and bake cookies as above; freezer-wrap and freeze up to 2 months. To serve, thaw, unwrapped, at room temperature, about 15 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6213 Calories from Fat 2709
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 311 g479.2%
Saturated Fat 156.7 g783.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 912.8 mg304.3%
Sodium 3972.6 mg165.5%
Total Carbohydrates 811 g270.4%
Dietary Fiber 21.7 g86.7%
Sugars 376.8 g
Protein 72 g144.1%
Vitamin A 127.1% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 175% Iron 151.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet