Chocolate Tartlets With Candied Grapefruit Peel
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon, cut into pieces|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolk||1 Large|
|Bittersweet chocolate/Semisweet chocolate||5 Ounce, chopped|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Sprinkling)|
|Candied grapefruit peel||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Make the tart shells: Preheat the oven to 350°. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, butter, confectioners' sugar and a dash of salt. Process for 15 seconds, until well mixed. In a bowl, mix the egg yolk with the milk. Add to the processor and process for another 15 seconds, until the dough forms a ball. Roll out immediately or chill for about 1 hour before rolling.
2. Arrange ten 3-inch fluted tartlet molds side by side on a work surface. Roll the dough between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Remove the top sheet of plastic and invert the dough over the molds. Press the dough through the plastic into the molds. Peel away the plastic wrap and trim the excess dough over hanging the tartlet pans. Refrigerate the tartlet shells for about 2 hours.
3. Bake the tartlet shells for about 20 minutes, until they are golden. Transfer to a cooling rack. Leave the oven on.
4. MEANWHILE, MAKE THE FILLING: In a 4-cup glass measuring cup, combine the chocolate, butter and granulated sugar. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, leave for a few minutes, then microwave for 1 minute longer, until melted. In a small bowl, beat together the whole egg and yolk, then whisk into the chocolate.
5. Divide the filling among the tartlet shells. Bake for 5 minutes. Let cool just to room temperature before serving, so that the filling is slightly soft. Slide the tartlets out of the molds, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and garnish with the Candied Grapefruit Peel.