Crunchy Chocolate Balls
|Corn flakes/3/4 cup corn flake crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate morsels||6 Ounce (1 Cup Or 1 Package)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rum flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. If using Corn Flakes, crush into fine crumbs. Chop chocolate into fine pieces.
2. Sift together flour, soda and salt; mix with Corn Flake Crumbs, nuts and half of the chopped chocolate.
3. Beat butter and first two sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and rum flavoring; beat well. Add sifted dry ingredients, stirring until combined. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and place on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake in moderate oven (350° F.) about 12 minutes or until done.
5. Combine remaining chopped chocolate and confectioner’s sugar. As hot cookies are removed from baking sheets, dip tops in the mixture.