Crunchy Chocolate Balls
|Corn flakes/3/4 cup corn flake crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate morsels||6 Ounce (1 Cup Or 1 Package)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rum flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. If using Corn Flakes, crush into fine crumbs. Chop chocolate into fine pieces.
2. Sift together flour, soda and salt; mix with Corn Flake Crumbs, nuts and half of the chopped chocolate.
3. Beat butter and first two sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and rum flavoring; beat well. Add sifted dry ingredients, stirring until combined. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and place on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake in moderate oven (350° F.) about 12 minutes or until done.
5. Combine remaining chopped chocolate and confectioner’s sugar. As hot cookies are removed from baking sheets, dip tops in the mixture.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4985 Calories from Fat 2282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 259 g398%
Saturated Fat 151.7 g758.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 699.6 mg233.2%
Sodium 1929.4 mg80.4%
Total Carbohydrates 640 g213.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.5%
Sugars 336.3 g
Protein 47 g94.7%
Vitamin A 160.7% Vitamin C 42.3%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 195.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet