Chocolate Coconut Crunch Pie
|Non stick cooking spray||1|
|Semi sweet chocolate||14 Ounce, coarsely chopped|
|Rice krispies||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweetened coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Bittersweet chocolate||8 Ounce, coarsely chopped|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
Make the chocolate coconut crust:
1. Spray the bottom and side of a 9-inch pie pan well with nonstick
cooking spray. Melt the chocolate with the butter according to the
directions in the Chocolate Key.
2. In a large bowl combine the melted chocolate mixture with the cereal
and the coconut. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan.
Using a small offset metal cake spatula, spread the mixture evenly onto
the bottom and side of the pan, covering it completely.
Refrigerate the crust while preparing the filling.
Make the filling:
1. Melt the chocolate with the water and butter according to the
directions in the Chocolate Key. Stir in the salt. Allow the chocolate
mixture to cool for 15 minutes.
2. In a large, chilled bowl combine the cream, cream of coconut and
vanilla. Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the mixture until soft
peaks begin to form.
3. Using a large rubber spatula, fold one third of the whipped cream
mixture into the chocolate mixture to lighten it. Fold in the remaining
4. Scrape the filling into the prepared crust, smoothing the top with a
cake spatula. Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours, until the filling
is set. Allow the cake to stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes
before serving (the pie is very difficult to slice otherwise).
. Allow the pie to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Calories 418 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4 mg1.3%
Sodium 61.5 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 44.7 g
Protein 4 g7%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet