Elegant Chocolate Dessert
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce (Two 1 Ounce Squares)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||4 , fork beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Combine chocolate, sugar, and water in the top of a double boiler. Heat and stir over hot water until mixture is slightly thickened and smooth (about 12 minutes).
2. Blend about 3 tablespoons of the mixture into the egg yolks; immediately stir into mixture in double boiler. Cook and stir over boiling water 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from water and blend in vanilla extract. Set aside to cool.
3. When mixture is cooled, cream the butter until softened. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating constantly until light and fluffy. Add the chocolate mixture, a small amount at a time, blending well after each addition.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff, not dry, peaks are formed. Fold into chocolate mixture.
5. Use enough graham crackers to cover the bottom of an 8x8x2-inch pan. Spread one third of the chocolate mixture over crackers. Add a second layer of crackers and spread with half of remaining chocolate mixture. Repeat layering and top with graham crackers. Cover and chill about 48 hours.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5111 Calories from Fat 2399
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 276 g425.3%
Saturated Fat 147.7 g738.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1224.2 mg408.1%
Sodium 3309.6 mg137.9%
Total Carbohydrates 626 g208.6%
Dietary Fiber 25.5 g101.9%
Sugars 330.7 g
Protein 63 g127%
Vitamin A 129.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 51.9% Iron 153.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet