Chocolate Dessert Superb A La Belgique
|Sweet chocolate||8 Ounce|
|Double strength coffee||7 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dutch process cocoa||2 Tablespoon|
|Mocha butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream filling||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chilled whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Tablespoon|
1. Grease bottom of a 15x10x 1-inch jelly-roll pan; line bottom with waxed paper, allowing paper to extend about 1 inch beyond ends of pan. Grease waxed paper and set pan aside.
2. Put chocolate and coffee in the top of a double boiler. Set over simmering water until chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool.
3. Combine egg yolks, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat until very' thick.
4. Using a clean beater, beat egg whites and salt until frothy. Add 1/4 cup sugar gradually, beating well after each addition. Beat until stiff peaks are formed.
5. Blend cooled chocolate into egg yolk mixture. Gently stir in egg whites. Turn into prepared pan and spread evenly.
6. Bake at 350°F 15 minutes. Turn off oven. Remove pan after 5 minutes. Set on wire rack until cool.
7. Sift cocoa over a clean towel. Turn dessert onto towel. Carefully remove paper. If desired, let stand about 30 minutes to absorb cocoa flavor. Cover with waxed paper until ready to serve.