Chocolate Chip Cookies
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||6 Ounce|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Blend flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Cream butter with vanilla extract. Add brown sugar gradually, creaming well. Add egg and beat thoroughly. Mix in dry ingredients, then chocolate pieces and nuts.
3. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake at 375°F 10 to 1 2 minutes.
5. Cool cookies on wire racks.