Kale Chips with Almond Butter
|Almond butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|White miso/Yellow miso||1 Tablespoon|
|Nutritional yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Rushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Curly kale||1 1⁄2 Pound (leaves dried, stems removed and torn into 2” medium size pieces, stems discarded)|
|Celtic sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree all of the ingredients except the kale and salt.
3. Grease 3 large rimmed baking sheets with olive oil.
4. Place kale in a bowl. Drizzle the almond butter mixture over the kale and rub each leaf to season evenly.
5. Arrange the kale on the sheets in an even layer and season with salt.
6. Bake for about 100 minutes or until the leaves are crisp.
7. Turn the pans a few times so they all cook evenly.
8. Let them cool and use a spatula to carefully lift the kale chips off of the baking sheets.
9. Serve chips as a healthy anytime snack.
You can store chips in an aright container or plastic bag.
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.4%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 476.7 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.8%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 16%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet