Got a Super Bowl party planned? In this week's episode Gavan shows Robin how to make a healthy alternative to traditional chips and dip just in time for Super Bowl. Kids love this baked veggie alternative to the standard fried potato chip as much as a adults do, so it makes for a great recipe to have on hand throughout the season. These rustic style healthy veggie chips are so delicious, you just cant stop at one!!
Cooking oil spray/Olive oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
2. Spray 4-5 baking sheets with olive oil spray or any vegetable cooking oil spray. Line them with parchment and spray again to grease.
3. Wash and peel all the root veggies.
4. Using a mandolin or vegetable slicer, thinly slice the vegetables into chips. Make sure they are neither too thick nor too thin. Also be careful of your fingers while you slice, using a guard if you have one.
5. Arrange the sliced veggies on baking sheets, arranging each type on a separate sheet so that they cook evenly.
6. Spray lightly with oil and sprinkle with salt.
7. Bake in the oven for 40-60 minutes or until brown and crispy.
8. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
9. Pile into a bowl, sprinkle lightly with a little more salt/spices if you like.
10. Serve with avocado dip or salsa if you like.