In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Baked Zucchini Chips. This is a recipe that was sent in by Michelle Hopkins, a great viewer and friend of bettyskitchen from Alabama. Michelle goes by the user ID "poenut" on YouTube, in case you want to drop by her channel and comment on her terrific appetizer. These zucchini chips are crunchy and delicious—and healthy (baked, not fried)! They are great to serve as a snack for guests over the coming Easter holiday. Thanks, Michelle!
2 , unpeeled and cut into ¼-inch slices
All purpose flour
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Ground black pepper
French fried onion
4 Ounce, crushed (1 small can)
4 Ounce (Use an amount equal to the crushed French fried onions)
Cooking oil spray
1. In a Ziploc bag, place flour and season with salt and pepper. Seal and shake the bag well. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and add milk. Set aside.
3. In a separate Ziploc bag, combine crushed French fried onions with Panko bread crumbs, and then place the mixture into a shallow dish.
4. Grease a wire cooling rack with cooking spray and place it on top of a shallow pan.
5. Put zucchini slices into the bag with seasoned flour and shake to coat well. Take them out, shake off excess flour, and place them on a shallow dish. Do it in batches.
6. Using tongs or a spoon dip floured zucchini slices into egg wash, one at a time and them coat them with bread crumb mixture. Place them on oiled rack.
7. Pop the pan in a 400 degree F oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden.