1) Peel and slice the green plantains as thin as possible. Soak them for 5 min to wash away the excess starch.
2) Drain the plantain from the water and season with salt.
3) Heat vegetable oil at 350F and fry the plantain until golden brown for approximately 5 min.
4) Remove and place in a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
5) For the spice mixture combine sugar, curry powder and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
6) Mix it all together.
7) Dust the curry and sugar mixture on the plantain chips.
When you need something healthy to munch on during the Super Bowl, think plantain chips! Spicy, salty, crispy, crunchy, plantain chips are a yummy snack option that one can happily munch on practically every day. It's all about picking the right plantains and finding the right recipe. This video demonstrates a step-by-step guide on how to make this universal favorite at home.