In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Home Fried Potato Chips. These are made from fresh, unpeeled potatoes, which are quickly fried in peanut oil and sprinkled with coarse sea salt.
250 Milliliter (For deep frying)
Coarse atlantic sea salt
1. Cut a potato in half and then use a parer to slice the potato into thin slices, crosswise. (Alternatively, you may use a knife and slice the potato into thicker rounds. Using a food processor will also work.)
2. Slice as many potatoes as you need, and store them in water until ready to fry. When ready to fry the potato chips, drain off the water and pat the raw potato slices with paper toweling.
3. Heat 1 inch of peanut oil to 350 degrees (F). Carefully place a few slices of potatoes into hot oil and fry until golden.
4. Drain on a tray that is covered with paper toweling. Immediately sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
5. Repeat until all desired chips are fried.
6. These are best if served immediately, although they may be stored for later use. Enjoy!!!