Potato Chip Cookies
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Refined flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shortening/Fat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Potato chips||2 Cup (32 tbs), crushed|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Oatmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Preheat an oven to 187.5C (375F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine refined flour, salt and baking soda. Sieve and keep aside.
3. Grease a baking tray using butter and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine shortening, white sugar and brown sugar and beat well using a wooden spoon till well combined.
5. Add vanilla extract and eggs and mix.
6. Add sieved ingredients and fold using a rubber spatula.
7. Add crushed potato chips, chopped nuts and oatmeal and fold gently.
8. Drop spoonfuls on greased baking tray, ensuring you keep 2 inch distance between each.
9. Bake in pre heated oven for 10 and 12 minutes, or till pale golden brown in colour.
10. Serve with assortment of other cookies.