|Preserved ginger||1⁄4 Pound|
1) Wash and wipe the pears, core, quarter and cut in small pieces.
2) Cut the lemons into ½ inch pieces and discard their seeds.
3) In a bowl, mix together pears and ginger, and allow resting overnight.
4) Stir in the lemon.
5) In a saucepan, place the pear mixture and simmer for 3 hours.
6) Spoon the pear mixture into a sterilized jar.
7) Stir a small spoon in the jar, to escape the trapped air bubbles if any.
8) Allow the mixture to cool down and seal with sterilized lids.
9) Place the jar in refrigerator.
10) Serve as desired.