|Frozen spinach||1 Pound, thawed (450 gram)|
|Semolina||415 Milliliter (1 2/3 cups)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1) Dry the spinach thoroughly with tea towel, cho[p finely, if mixing by hand.
2) In a food processor, blend the spinach with rest of the ingredients, except the frying oil, until a smooth ball of dough is formed.
3) Knead the dough about 6 minutes, until smooth and elastic, then cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
4) Divide the ball into four pieces and roll out each piece very thinly with a rolling pin or pasta machine. Sprinkle each sheet lightly with the flour and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
5) With a sharp knife or a pastry cutting wheel, cut the sheets into rectangles of about 2 x 3/4 inches.
6) In a pan, heat the frying oil to 365°F (185°C), fry the chips in batches for 5 to 10 seconds, if deep-frying, or 5 to 8 seconds each side, if shallow-frying.
7) Remove the chips with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
8) Serve the Spinach Chips, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 622 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.2%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.9 mg39.6%
Sodium 2552.1 mg106.3%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.8%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 26 g52.9%
Vitamin A 271.5% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 37% Iron 27.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet