Butterflied Poussin With Garlic Chips
|Fresh corn kernels||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Onion||1 , seeded and chopped (Minced)|
|Chopped celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Poussin||60 Ounce, butterflied (6 In Number, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (3/4 Stick)|
|Dried tarragon||1 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Elephant garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), sliced paper-thin lengthwise|
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Take a saucepan, add all relish ingredients, keep on medium heat and allow to simmer. Cover and continue to simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring intermittently. Allow to cool, transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate till served.
3. Rub butter on poussins. Sprinkle pepper, tarragon and salt.
4. Take a baking sheet, line with an aluminum foil and arrange the poussins. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes till a sharp knife inserted allows clear juices to run. Allow to stand for 5 minutes and transfer to a warmed platter.
5. Heat oil in a deep saucepan to 375°F, add garlic in batches and fry for 1.5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels and keep in a warm oven till all chips are cooked.
6. Sprinkle around and above poussins and serve with corn relish.