Chip and Cheese Scallops
|Finely chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped pimiento||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Crushed potato chips||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven by setting it at 350°.
2) Rinse the scallops.
3) Take a pan of boiling water and add the scallops to it.
4) Cover the pan, reduce heat and simmer it for a couple of minutes.
5) Drain it while preserving a cup of the liquid.
6) Take a medium sized saucepan and add butter to it.
7) Sauté the onion in it until it becomes soft.
8) Add flour and cook for a minute stirring all the time.
9) Mix the preserved liquid along with milk and add it slowly to the mixture of flour.
10) Reduce the heat and cook, stirring continuously until the mixture turns bubbly and thickens.
11) Remove the sauce from the flame after adding pepper.
12) Put in the mushrooms, scallops, parmesan cheese, parsley and pimiento and stir thoroughly.
13) Take a casserole measuring 1 ½ quarts and spoon the scallop mixture into it.
14) Bake it by placing it in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
15) Top the dish with sprinkled Cheddar cheese and potato chips.
16) Bake for 10 minutes more.
17) Serve hot.
Calories 484 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.9%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.2 mg28.7%
Sodium 547.6 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 29 g58.3%
Vitamin A 22.3% Vitamin C 33.4%
Calcium 26.1% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet