Chicken And Shrimp Chow Mein
|Noodles||1 Pound (Chinese Type)|
|Shrimp||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (Cooked)|
|Spring onion||2 Bunch (200 gm) (Scallions)|
|Onion||2 , chopped|
|Grated ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Bean sprout||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green chili||4|
1. Wash and devein shrimps.
2. Peel carrot and cut into thin strips of 2 in X 1/8 in. Slice beans also into same size. Cut red bell pepper into 1/4 in strips. Chop spring onion into 1 inch length, slice the small onion bulb into small pieces. Grate the ginger.
3. Boil 5 cups of water, add one teaspoon of salt and add the noodles. Boil for about four minutes. Drain into a strainer and rinse in cold water and drain thoroughly. Toss 1 table spoon of oil and shake. This will ensure that the noodles will not stick together.
4. Heat 2 table spoon of oil in a non stick fry pan and add the shrimps and stir fry lightly - about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
5. Heat 6 table spoon oil, add the onion fry for two minute. Add all the vegetables, grated ginger and green chilies except bean sprouts and stir fry for three minutes.
6. Add bean sprouts, salt, sugar and cook for two minutes.
7. Add the cooked noodles and fry for three minutes. Add fried shrimps, shredded chicken and fry for a minute. Add Soya sauce, chili oil, chili sauce and ajinomoto and cook for 1-2 minutes.
8. Serve hot with any side dish.