How to Make Pan Fried Vegetable Dumplings
|Firm tofu||14 Ounce, cut into small cubes (1 cake)|
|Bean sprouts||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Scallions||6 Medium, diced|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), minced|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten, divided (1- filling + 1- To seal wonton)|
|Wonton skins||50 Medium (as required)|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
1. Put the tofu cubes into a linen cloth bag. Squeeze out the water and transfer it into a bowl.
2. In a pot bring water to boil. Put the bean sprouts and cook for 1 minute. Drain it and put it into the linen cloth bag. Squeeze out the water, chop it and transfer into the bowl with tofu.
To Make Dumplings
3. To the bowl with tofu and sprouts add scallions, garlic, salt, pepper and 1 beaten egg. Using hands mix well till well combined.
4. Take each wonton skin. Brush the edge with egg till half. Put a tablespoon full of tofu filling in the center. Fold the wonton and press the edges to seal it well without any gaps. Place it in a plate with flour. Repeat this with all the filling.
To Cook Dumplings
5. In a pot bring water to boil. Put the dumplings in it, few at a time. Do not overcrowd the pot. Cook till the dumplings float on top. Strain and set aside.
6. Brush each cooked dumpling with vegetable oil. Wrap it in a foil and freeze it.
To Pan Fry the Dumplings
7. In a pan heat peanut oil. Place the frozen dumplings in a single layer away from each other. Fry till each side is golden brown. Transfer onto paper towel to drain off any excess oil.
8. In a serving platter, serve the dumplings with any dip of choice.
Calories 148 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 0.79 g3.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.4 mg9.1%
Sodium 374.9 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 7 g14.8%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 8% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet