I love egg drop soup, but I always feel it's a little too plain for me, so, in this video, I show how to make Chinese egg drop soup with my own twist - frozen vegetables, to add more depth of texture to the soup.
64 Fluid Ounce (2 packs)
2 Medium, cut into chunks
1 Medium, cut into quarters
4 Medium, beaten
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. In a small bowl mix cornstarch with water till dissolved. Set aside.
2. In a pot pour the chicken broth. Add the onions and carrot. Cover with a lid and bring it to boil on medium heat. Reduce the heat and continue to cook for another 30 minutes. Strain and discard the vegetables using a strainer.
3. Season this broth with soy sauce, fish sauce and pepper. Stir well to combine. Pour the egg making circles into the broth. Stir well to form web like with the egg.
4. Add the vegetables and cook for a few minutes. Pour the cornstarch mixture and continue to cook for a few more minutes. Turn off the heat.
5. In a serving bowl, serve the egg drop soup steaming hot.