Schezwan Fried Rice
|Oil||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Garlic clove||8 , divided, chopped finely|
|Ginger piece||2 Inch, divided, chopped finely|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Green chilies||1 , chopped finely|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Spring onions||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), divided, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, peeled, cut into strips|
|Capsicum||1 Large, seeded, cut into strips|
|French beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
For The Schezwan Sauce
1. In a pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Put the 1/2 of the garlic and sauté for a minute. Add 1/2 of the ginger, salt, black pepper and continue to sauté till the raw flavor disappears.
2. Pour the soy sauce and water. Stir well to mix. Put 1/4 teaspoon of vinegar and let it cook for 3 minutes or till the sauce thicken. Transfer it into a bowl. Set aside.
3. In the pan heat 2 tablespoon of oil. Add the remaining garlic and ginger and sauté till the garlic turns brown. Put the green chillies, onions and continue to sauté till the onions turn translucent.
4. Put 1 cup spring onions, carrots, capsicum, French beans and green peas. Stir after each addition till mixed. Season with salt and pepper and mix well till incorporated. Cover and let it cook for around 5 minutes.
5. Remove the lid, sprinkle sugar, stir and continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Put in the Schezwan sauce and mix well till all are combined.
6. Add the cooked rice slowly and stir well till all the rice is evenly coated and without lumps. Be careful not to mash the rice. Add the remaining vinegar and spring onions and mix well immediately.
7. In a serving plate, serve the rice hot with any meat dish of choice or as it is.
Calories 268 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 193.1 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g27%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 67.1% Vitamin C 119.9%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet